No matter what kind of business you own or what your ideal customer looks like, there are a few elements that nearly every visitor will want to see when they check you out online. To make sure your site is delivering the goods, here are a few features you absolutely must include:
- Easy-to-locate contact information: Make sure to include your business’s contact information in as many clearly visible spots on your website as possible. This should include your phone number, an email address, and (if you have a brick-and-mortar location) your physical address, too.
- Information that’s updated regularly: Customers might visit your site to find out about your hours, location, menu offerings, and more. Make sure to keep these details updated as frequently as possible so you can help them to know what to expect when they visit you in-person or make a purchase online.
- A call-to-action: Do you want customers to check out your new store location? Should they place an order by a certain date in order to get free shipping? A clear call-to-action helps visitors understand how they can best utilize your site.
- A frequently asked questions section: If you’re tired of picking up the phone and hearing the same questions or sorting through your inbox to respond to the same handful of inquiries over and over, then you need a FAQs section. This will save you and your potential customers time, as they can find the information they need right on your website without having to call in or send an email.
- A responsive design: Your website should be easy to navigate whether a customer is on a laptop, their phone, or a tablet. A responsive design ensures that this is the case, delivering a seamless user experience.
- A URL that’s easy to remember: People don’t have a lot of extra space in their brains these days. If you want to make it easy for potential customers to remember your business, a clear, concise URL is your best bet. Why select JoesTennisEquipmentAndOtherSportingGoods.com when you can be JoesSportingGoods.com? Make your URL easy to remember and you’ll enjoy plenty of return traffic.
Considering a potential customer’s experience as you design your business’s site is essential if you’re looking to grow your customer base. When your site is easy-to-use, it encourages people to stick around and make a purchase.